Saturday, January 17, 2009

This is Carmen about a year before her diagnosis. She is about six years old.
We got the results back from Carmen's MRI yesterday. From what I understand, she has another tumor in her brain, and the cancer has spread through her spine, but instead of just being in one spot on her spine like it was the first time, there are several spots throughout her spine. This is of course terrible news. We will meet with the doctor on Monday to see what our options are now. Carmen is happy and comfortable now, which makes things much easier. Keep praying for us. We are so grateful to everyone for all that you have done for us. You cannot imagine how much easier things are when you know other people care about you, are praying for you, and love you. I'll write again on Tuesday after talking to the doctor.

4 comments:

Mindy B said...

Hi Carmen! What do you think of the amazing weather we have been having lately? January is being very kind to us! What can you see when you look out your window? Grass? Trees? Flowers? When I look out my window I see mostly grass and trees. The grass is very green and the trees do not have any leaves, just bare branches. What books are you reading right now? I just started a new one; it's a mystery, my favorite!

Sending you loving thoughts and healing prayers,
Mrs. Bello

Bridget Homer said...

Hi Carmen - it's Aunt Bridget! Just wanted to say Hi! There is a new American Girl movie that just came out. I bought the DVD at Target and it's a REALLY good movie. We need to set up a date for you and Payton. I will call your Mom and we'll pick a date and time! Dorothy - thank you so much for all the visits to Evan this week! You amaze me! Love you guys so much!

Taylor family said...

Carmen we are thinking of you everyday! We are so proud of you for having so much courage and strength. Your smile is contagious! I hope you have been able to go outside for a short walk. The birds are singing and I even saw some wildflowers blooming. The sunshine feels so warm too.
Our thoughts are with you and your family,
The Taylor Family

Terri Carvajal said...

Hi Carmen,
This is Mrs.Carvajal. I just want you to know I am thinking of you and I am saying many prayers for you and your family. I just love the picture of you dressed in pink. U are so beautiful and courageous. You are an inspiration to all!
Lots of love,
Mrs. Carvajal