Sunday, January 11, 2009

This is a picture of Carmen when she was about three. She is dressed up as Mary.
This week has been hard. We have gone back to wearing pull-ups and using the wheelchair. In the beginning of the week she had pain that would wake her in the middle of the night. That has gone away. Thank goodness. All through the week we have had trouble controlling her nausea. She was responding well to Zofran at first, but now nothing seems to be helping. She has good moments throughout the day, but every day is a pretty big challenge for her. She has lost her strength and Reed and I carry her if she needs to go somewhere. We are so happy for the good moments we have every day! She is a strong girl and never complains about this happening to her, and never asks "why me?". Even when she is at her worst, she seems to understand that this is a part of her life, and only complains about the pain that sometimes hits her. We will have an MRI sometime this week, to see if the tumor has grown or shrunk. Her blood test last week looked great, and she will have another one tomorrow. Thank you for all your prayers. We know this would be much harder without them. We know God is watching over Carmen.

4 comments:

Nana Laurie said...

Sending my love....
Laurie

Mindy B said...

You are such a beautiful and strong girl, Carmen ~ sending my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Mrs. Bello

Mrs. Othman said...

Carmen it is so nice to read that you are handeling your ups and downs like a real trooper. I saw your mom and dad at your brother's basketball game last night. Your brother is a fast runner!

It was a nice day at school today, lots of sunshine! I hope you got to enjoy some of it.

I continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, a day doesn't go by without me thinking about you! I love you! Mrs. Othman

Naji says: Hey Carmen! I am having fun at school. Are you having fun with Mrs. Taylor? Carmen I really miss you. You're the bestest friend and I think that you are the greatest. This is your friend, Naji

Merrill Family said...

We are sending you our love often we pray for a good week for the family & Carmen!
lots of hugs
Emily & family