Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hi, this is Reed (Carmen's dad). Yes, I was at the golf tournament as well. This was one of our more "up" moments. Just a few days after this picture was taken (about 5 months ago), we would receive the news that Carmen's cancer had returned.

Today, the day after Carmen's passing, was spent quietly at home with our family. We enjoyed one another's company and began to make some preliminary arrangements for services. (We are tentatively planning on Fri/Sat 2/27 and 2/28 and will publish the details once everything gets finalized.)

We are so thankful for your prayers and heartfelt sentiments. There is a beautiful feeling of peace and well-being in our home that you all have contributed so much to. We have no doubt that God is watching over us, and we feel His love, and yours.

We look forward to visiting with many of you over the next several weeks (and beyond). We feel that we are now ready to begin receiving some brief visits here at home. Please note that we will be out and about for much of the time over the next several days, so catching us at home will be hit-and-miss. Please be patient with us and we will all work together to get closure as we mourn together and come to understand how these events can lead to greater happiness for all of us.

God bless you all. We love you.

7 comments:

Mindy B said...

My love to all of you
~ Mindy

Teresa Martinez said...

Dorothy,

You have so many beautiful pictures to share. Thank You. I hope you have a peaceful day. I remember when my sister and I had to make arrangements for my mother's burial, It was so stressful and exhausting. I will be praying for you today.

Teresa

Kathryn L said...

Much love to ALL of you! You've been such a blessing to the the Lopez family.

KhaosCat said...

Our family has been hit hard by Carmen's death. Kilian is quite but keeps telling me he misses Carmen and how she was the first one to befriend him @ knightsen.
I will always hold the memory of our day at the Oakland zoo. Carmen, Kilian and I where together and we had such a wonderful time. I also was able to get some great pictures of her sweet smile and bright eyes.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your children during your time of grieving and forever. If there is ever anything I can do for you please let me know.
Being an artist I would love to paint a portrait of carmen for your family to enjoy. God Bless you and Carmen.
All my love and friendship,
Casey & Kilian Harvey
xoxo

Rosie said...

The world is a brighter because Carmen was a part of it. She is deeply missed! From the first time we met your family we were drawn to you. Thanks for sharing your light with all of us. Carmen's example has shown us how to face lifes challenges with courage and smiles! What a beautiful family you are! All our love, The Fowlers

Unknown said...

Hello dear family, With the passing of Carmen lots of conversations have been brought up at work regarding the gospel and different faiths..This has been a missionary teaching moment for many of us. Carmens influence will be felt for a long long time to come. Love you.

lukylager said...

My prayers are with you guys!

Reed and I were childhood friends -seems not too long ago when I played in Reed's backyard with the chicken coop, teeter totter, and the tree house (or fort).

-Sean Lagerholm
seanlagerholm@cox.net