Sunday, February 1, 2009

This is another day Carmen was all smiles. This is after she got baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a very special day.
This week Carmen started off feeling pretty good, but by the time Tuesday rolled around she was feeling lousy and only ate two bites of food. She was, however, given some money to spend at Michaels (thank you) and was so excited to go and get some things that she did not get the day before when I took her. She also wanted to buy something for her brothers. We were quite the sight trying to wheel her chair around and carry all of her purchases. This trip was very hard on her, and I thought that may be the last time she wants to go out. She informed me today, though, that she would like to go there again tomorrow and replace some stickers that I misplaced of hers. We'll see if she can make it. Wednesday was a lot like Tuesday and she only ate two bites again. I was worried, but Thursday she perked up and was able to eat and not throw up as much. She has trouble seeing now, so I read to her. She can still color, which she enjoys, and she can put stickers in a journal, which she also enjoys. Her pain gets a little worse everyday, but we are able to manage it so far ourselves. She has enjoyed all of your visits and gifts. Thank you so much. She does not like to talk usually, but she enjoys seeing all the people that love her, and she usually enjoys listening to us talk. We all have enjoyed your meals. Thank you for those. Everybody is doing so much for us. We are overwhelmed with love and appreciation for all of you. Thank you. Thank you again for your prayers.

9 comments:

Merrill Family said...

I love this picture! We are also looking forward to Emma being baptized this year! Carmen looks so great here, as well as the rest of you! What a wonderful memory you shared. I pray for a great week of lots of hugs and family time!
Love Emily Merrill

Mindy B said...

Hi Carmen! You look beautiful in this picture, what special day it was for you. I remember the day I was baptized, it's one of my most special days ever! I bet you enjoy having your mom read to you. I can picture you nice and cozy in your pink blanket listening to a fairy story and that makes me smile.
I'm sending up my prayers for you and your family, Carmen!
Love,
Mrs. Bello

kjnyberg5 said...

Carmen looks beautiful in this picture. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I pray for Carmen to have a wonderful week.
Love, Kim Nyberg & Family

Mona Solari said...

Carmen ~ I'm glad we were able to take some pictures together on Friday. Thank you for lending me Chrissa - I've watched 5 times; my mom even watched it with me once. I'm sorry you have to feel pain. I like the picture of your baptism - you look very pretty.
Love,
Jessee (Solari)

Gina Fio said...

You all look so beautiful! I especially love your dress, Carmen. Congratulations on your very special day. Have a peaceful week and our prayers are always with you and your family.

Love and Prayers,
The Fios

Unknown said...

~Carmen~ I missed you at school. I would love to come and see you at your house.If you would like you could call me. (925)679-9616 or you can call me on my cell phone(925)437-2818.

Mona Solari said...

Carmen,

We've got our purple Carmen braclets and LOVE them. You're design is great! Mrs. Pastor is helping me make a scrap book of me & you and when it's done, I'll come show it to you. I think about you every day and will see you soon.
Love, Jessee (Solari)

Mona Solari said...

Carmen,

You made our day yesterday! It was WONDERFUL to hear you talking up a storm and we're so glad your vision has gotten better so you can read!! We're going to shop for some stickers and will bring them by soon. Thanks for lending me Samantha; I'll return it soon.

Love ~ Jessee (and her mom)

"Hily" said...

Hi Carmen- I'm a friend of your Aunt Bridget's (we went to jr. high and high school together). She tells us what an amazing little girl you are I wanted to stop by your blog and send you some hugs from us in Arizona. You look so pretty in your baptism dress- what a special day for you and your forever family! Remember that Heavenly Father loves you SO much.